Board of Director Nominations – Now Open!
Call For Nominations Now Open!
In accordance with the Bylaws of the American Ambulance Association, it is time to call for members in good standing that wish to serve on the Board of Directors. The AAA is now seeking candidates for the following positions:
- Region I Director (CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI & VT)
- Region II Director (AL, DE, DC, FL, GA, MD, MS, NC, PA, SC, VA, WV)
- Region III Director (IL, IN, KY, MI, OH, TN WI)
- Region IV Director (AR, IA, KS, LA, MN, MO, OK, ND, NE, SD, TX)
- Region V Director (AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY
Individuals who wish to be considered for an elected position as Regional Director must:
1. Be the designated representative of an Active member of the AAA, in good standing;
2. Be ready to devote time and effort to matters which concern the Board of Directors and to actively participate in all Board activities;
3. Be prepared to assist other AAA members with concerns and problems which relate to the ambulance industry and the workings of the AAA; and,
4. Understand that these positions provide no compensation for time or reimbursement for expenses. All travel-related expenses, including transportation, lodging and food are the responsibility of the individual and/or the sponsoring organization.
5. Be willing to comply with all governance policies of the association including, Conflict of Interest, Standards of Conduct, and Board Confidentiality, Public Comment and Lobbying Agreement (PDF).
6. Have served on at least one (1) Association committee within the past five (5) years prior to his or her declaration as a candidate for election as a Director.
There are no restrictions against an individual running for more than one position in the same election cycle, though no person shall hold more than one position simultaneously.
All those who wish to stand for election and believe they are qualified are requested to complete a Nomination Form as well as answer the Candidate Questionnaire which describes both their qualifications and reasons for wanting to participate in the leadership of the AAA.
(Please note that the may Nomination Form be completed by any designated contact for an AAA active member for him or herself, or on behalf of another designated contact at a fellow AAA active member service. The Candidate Questionnaire must be completed by the nominee.)
Candidates’ statements and pictures, as well as the position(s) for which they are running for will be listed on the AAA website.
2017 Election Timeline
- 8/31 | Nominations Close
- 9/14 | Approval of Candidates by AAA Board of Directors
- 10/3 | Voting Opens
Election will be paperless and held online. Ballots will be delivered to AAA Active Member primary contacts via email.
- 11/2 | Voting Closes 11:59pm
- 11/14 | Election results announced at the 2017 AAA Annual Conference & Tradeshow.
Both forms must be submitted to by Thursday, August 31, 2017.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com for assistance.