FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AMERICAN AMBULANCE ASSOCIATION ANNOUNCES 2021 AWARD WINNERS
Washington, DC, October 5, 2021—Shawn Baird, President of the American Ambulance Association (AAA), announced the 2021 Award Winners at the AAA board meeting on September 21st. The awardees are as follows:
Affiliate of the Year
- The Mercury Group – for their strategic outreach shining the light and attention on the role that EMS plays in the pandemic.
- Sellers Dorsey – for their efforts in support of state Medicaid supplemental payments for EMS providers.
Partnership of the Year
- International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC), International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF), and the National Association of EMTs (NAEMT) for their collaboration throughout the pandemic on both legislative and regulatory issues.
Distinguished Service Award
- Jon Krohmer, Director, NHTSA’s Office of EMS – for his tireless efforts during the Public Health Emergency (PHE).
- Maria Bianchi, AAA Chief Executive Officer – for her unwavering dedication and leadership through a global pandemic.
- Asbel Montes, Acadian Ambulance Service, Lafayette, Louisiana for his leadership on ground ambulance policies, future payment reform initiatives, and balance billing.
Robert L Forbuss Lifetime Achievement Award
- Josef (Joe) Penner, Medic (Mecklenburg EMS Agency) for his decades of service, leadership, and vision in EMS.
Walter J. Schaefer Award
- Rachel Harracksingh, Life Ambulance, El Paso, Texas for her leadership, guidance, and tenacity in growing AAA’s political outreach and presence on Capitol Hill.
The Awards will be presented at the AAA Annual Conference and Trade Show President’s Reception on Tuesday, November 2, 2021, at the Gaylord Hotel in Grapevine Texas.
About the American Ambulance Association
The American Ambulance Association safeguards the future of mobile healthcare through advocacy, thought leadership, and education. AAA advances sustainable EMS policy, empowering our members to serve their communities with high-quality on-demand healthcare.