2023 State Association Leadership Excellence Conference
Thursday, September 7, 2023 | 8:30am Eastern
Join fellow state-level ambulance and EMS association leaders for a day of networking and idea exchange at the inaugural State Association Leadership Excellence Conference! Share challenges, successes, and innovations with mobile healthcare leaders from across the country.
American Ambulance Association
State Association Leadership Excellence (SALE) Conference
September 7, 2023 | 8:30–16:00 ET
Niagara Falls USA Convention Center
Together, we will explore tactics for growing the reach and voice of your state association.
- Advocacy Impact: Grassroots & Grasstops Engagement Case Studies
- Medicaid Strategies (rate increases, crossovers)
- Commercial Insurance Initiatives (balance billing, direct pay)
- Medicaid Finance Initiatives (UPL / CPE / GEMT / Provider Assessments)
- Workforce Shortage Strategies
- Association Governance Tune-Up
- Free and Cheap Tools to Enhance Your Branding & Reach
- More! Full agenda coming soon.
Venue & Meals
Niagara Falls USA Convention Center
101 Old Falls Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14303
Continental breakfast, beverages, snacks, and lunch at the Convention Center are included in your registration fee.
A reduced rate block at the Sheraton Niagara Falls is now open. This premier hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Niagara Falls tourist district, steps from the brink of majestic Niagara Falls, and directly connected to the thrills at Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino. Sheraton Niagara Falls is the region’s inclusive hotel, offering everything needed for a perfect stay including The Reef Beach Club & Pool, At the Falls Arcade, an on-site Spa, and four restaurants.
Niagara Falls, USA Attractions
The Niagara Falls Convention Center (NFCC) is in the heart of the downtown tourist district in Niagara Falls, New York. The NFCC is surrounded by hotels, restaurants, attractions, outdoor adventure activities, and is footsteps from the iconic Niagara Falls!
- Niagara Falls State Park—Located just blocks from the AAA SALE venue, the powerful trio of waterfalls known as Niagara Falls frequently tops the “must-see” list of travelers from around the world. The thunderous roar and wondrous sight of 600,000 gallons of water plummeting nearly 200 feet never fail to amaze new visitors and returnees alike. Don’t miss Goat Island, the Cave of the Winds, and a quick Maid of the Mist boat tour!
- Fantastic Food—From local favorites to farm-to-table dishes to astounding Falls views, Niagara Falls USA has exceptional cuisine.
- Amazing Outdoor Adventures—From plying the waters of local creeks on a kayak to embarking on a snowshoe trek through a winter wonderland, you’ll find myriad ways to make the most of all four seasons in Niagara.
- Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino—Attached by a convenient tunnel to our conference hotel (the Sheraton Niagara), Seneca offers slots, table games, keno, entertainment, and shopping.
- The New York Niagara Wine Trail—An array of wineries and attractions rich in history await visitors of the beautiful countryside of New York’s Niagara Wine Trail.
- Old Fort Niagara— A historic site that offers a stunning combination of original 18th-century buildings and fortifications enlivened by dynamic living history programs. Explore the grounds where Native Americans, French, British and American soldiers struggled for a continent and experience Niagara as it once was over 200 years ago.
- Exciting Shopping—The 200+ stores at Fashion Outlets Niagara are just 10 minutes away from the event.
- Art Alley NF—Art Alley is a public mural project located at 425 Third Street in Niagara Falls, New York, located just a few minutes from Niagara Falls State Park. The innovative space combines a pedestrian walkway to public parking with a public art gallery, including 19 murals.
Getting to Niagara Falls
- AIR | The closest major airport is Buffalo Niagara International, with 100+ flights to 31 destinations daily.
- TRAIN | The Niagara Falls Amtrak station is less than five miles from the convention center and offers quick access from many Northeastern cities.
- CAR | Driving directions and parking info.
Please note that attendance at this event is limited to board members, staff, and lobbyists of state ambulance or EMS associations and EMSNext award recipients.
- State Ambulance / EMS Association Leader | AAA Member $300 / List $600
- AAA Board Member, Committee Chair, Vice Chair | AAA Member $300
- EMSNext Young / Diverse Leader | AAA Member $150 / List $300
NOTE: The highly interactive nature of this event precludes offering remote participation.