EMS Mental Health Study
Published in the Journal of Affective Disorders
- Emergency medical service personnel have a heightened risk for PTSD and depression relative to other occupational populations.
- Dynamic psychosocial factors contribute to this elevated risk.
- Daily occupational stressors predicted elevated PTSD symptom severity.
- Daily social conflicts predicted elevated depression symptom severity.
- The meaning made from the day’s challenges and recovery activities predicted lower depression symptom severity.