Biden Administration Executive Orders Related to COVID-19
As the Biden Administration unveils their plans for the nation’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic we will continue to update this post with any documents that may be of interest to our membership and industry.
January 28, 2021 | Week 2
U.S. House and Senate Notification
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Re: HHS Announces Marketplace Special Enrollment Period for COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
In accordance with the Executive Order issued today by President Biden, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), through the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), announced a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) for individuals and families for Marketplace coverage in response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency. This SEP will allow individuals and families in states with Marketplaces served by the HealthCare.gov platform to enroll in 2021 health insurance coverage.
Beginning February 15, 2021 and through May 15, 2021, these Marketplaces will operationalize functionality to make this SEP available to all Marketplace-eligible consumers who are submitting a new application or updating an existing application. State-based Marketplaces (SBMs) operating their own platform have the opportunity to take similar action within their states. Starting February 15, consumers seeking to take advantage of the new SEP can find out if they are eligible by visiting HealthCare.gov. Consumers can find local help at Localhelp.healthcare.gov or by calling the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325.
To view a press release about this announcement, visit: https://www.hhs.gov/about/
To view a fact sheet about this announcement, visit: https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/
January 20-27, 2021 | Week 1
- Fact Sheet: President Biden Takes Aggressive and Immediate Action to Contain COVID-19 Crisis
- President Biden EO- Organizing and Mobilizing the United State Government to Provide a Unified and Effective Response to Combat COVID-19 and to Provide United States Leadership on Global Health and Security
- National Strategy for the COVID-19 Response and Pandemic Preparedness
- President Joe Biden Announces Acting Federal Agency Leadership
- Executive Order on a Sustainable Public Health Supply Chain
- Executive Order on Establishing the COVID-19 Pandemic Testing Board and Ensuring a Sustainable Public Health Workforce for COVID-19 and Other Biological Threats
- Executive Order on Protecting Worker Health and Safety
- Fact Sheet: President Biden’s New Executive Actions Deliver Economic Relief for American Families and Businesses Amid the COVID-19 Crises
- Executive Order on Improving and Expanding Access to Care and Treatments for COVID-19